Moving Out Of State Before Custody Agreement


    So suppose your ex-husband doesn`t agree with your kids to move to Seattle. You are submitting a case in which you ask the court to rule on custody of the children. The answers vary depending on whether you have a custody contract and, if so, what type it is. The problem is that judges do not like parents to take drastic measures that affect children without having an agreement or hearing beforehand. Most judges would not look at a parent who would move from the state without first dealing with custody of the children. Such short-term measures could have long-term consequences. Suppose you do not have a court order, but your separation agreement contains details of the conditions of detention. This agreement contains a clause prohibiting both parents from withdrawing from the status without the written permission of the other parent. If the parents live in different conditions, parents should think about the impact this will have on the visit of the minor child. Many parents choose to extend the visit during the summer and during the holidays, in order to allow a parent who is not free to spend more time visiting.

    If a parent (the parent with whom the child lives) moves in with a child, this can lead to additional difficulties in an already difficult custody situation for the children. This often makes co-parenting difficult. It also requires a child to have a long-distance relationship with his or her own parent. You should also carefully review your existing custody and visitation order and ensure that there are no restrictions on leaving the state or your country with the children. If there are restrictions on whether you can take your children out of your country or state, you usually need a court order that grants you a special travel authorization. If we stick to that example, let us change the facts. Now, the child`s father has only one weekend out of two, during half the holidays and for two weeks of summer visit. The order is calm when one of you withdraws from the state. Even if you have not technically violated the order, if a visit is still possible, the judge cannot accept that you suddenly move to another state without prior notice from the court. If the custodial parent moves, there may be a relocation dispute, as it may interfere with custody and visitation. This is generally the case in the absence of agreement between the parties. Violation of a previous judicial decision is taken very seriously by the courts.

    It is important to understand where you are in the process of divorce, the state laws applicable to moving with minor children, and how the move could affect your chances of custody, especially if you are not your child`s primary caretaker.